If you want to play real estate expert at your next Zoom party, today’s hottest real estate niche is “Build-To-Rent” housing.
Build-To-Rent (B2R) means that properties are constructed with tenant dwellers in mind, not homeowners.
Historically, B2R meant that apartments were being built.
In the last decade, developers thought: Why not build single-family homes, duplexes, and fourplexes for tenants?
We can build them all on one vast land tract. That way, they’ll have efficiencies like:
- Construction economies of scale
- Ease of property management
- Furnished with all with the same appliances
Rather than building with laminate countertops, B2Rs are built with tenants in mind.
For example, they have durable finishes like: cement hardie board, vinyl plank flooring, and granite countertops.
My preferred provider offers brand new B2R single-family homes as low as $169K (new construction). Duplexes, triplexes, and fourplexes are offered too. They’re in Florida and Georgia. Get started at: www.getricheducation.com/southeast
Tenants in these B2R properties often have incomes of $100,000. Many rent by choice, not obligation.
These are brand new construction homes. Often they’re in suburban areas.
Today’s renters prefer a yard, even if it’s small. They don’t want a fireplace.
With today’s remote living trends, having a higher number of rooms is important.
People increasingly: work from home, exercise from home, and might even homeschool their children.
Consequently, proximity to an urban area is less important than it used to be.
At publication time of the article, rent-to-value ratios are often 0.8% or better. This number can really work with:
- Today’s low interest rates.
- New construction homes’ low insurance rates.
- New construction means low maintenance costs.
- In the event of a housing downturn, tenants prefer these newer homes to older ones.
- They may appreciate faster since they’re both new and in growth areas.
- On your exit strategy, newer homes are often easier to sell.
- In fact, with a quality tenant and low maintenance, you can often self-manage remotely if you’re so inclined. This increases your cash flow $100 – $150 month.
These B2R single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes, and fourplexes are also offered in some of Florida and Georgia’s highest-growth areas.
This incoming population needs rental housing. You can provide it to them. Get started at: www.getricheducation.com/southeast